From their website:
- A band of immortal space pirates roaming the universe in the starship Aurora. Some say they're from a steampunk future, others claim they're from a cyberpunk past, a few even whisper that they may be from a dieselpunk alternate now. They are all correct.
- In their millennia traveling the stars, the crew have seen many strange things. And if you're very lucky when they visit your world, they might not bring death and destruction. They might bring stories and songs instead.
- The Mechanisms’s wiki can be found here: https://mechanisms.fandom.com/wiki/The_Mechanisms_Wiki
- Jonny d'Ville - Vox
- Backstory in One Eyed Jack in Tales To Be Told
- Ashes O'Reilly - Vox, Bass
- Backstory in Lucky Sevens in Tales To Be Told, Volume II
- Drumbot Brian - Vox, Drums, Banjo, Accordion, Percussion
- Backstory in Lost in the Cosmos in Tales To Be Told, Volume II
- The Toy Soldier - Vox, Glockenspiel, Mandolin, Harmonica, Percussion
- Gunpowder Tim - Vox, Guitar
- Backstory in Gunpowder Tim vs. The Moon Kaiser in Tales to be Told
- Raphaella la Cognizi - Vox, Piano
- Marius von Raum - Vox, Fiddle
- Nastya Rasputina - Viola, Synthesizer
- Ivy Alexandria - Flute, Recorder, Euphonium, Oboe, Trumpet
- Scuzz Nishimura - Cello
- Drumbot Beta - Drums
Once Upon A Time (In Space) - 2012 Edit
- This tale tells of those embroiled in the rebellion against the tyrant of New Constantinople, Old King Cole. It tells of the love of Cinders for her captured Rose, of the treatment of Rose at the hands of Cole's genetic scientists, and of the bold but savage leadership of the rebel General Snow. And it tells of the final fates of all of these.
- This is the Mechanisms' first studio album, recording the set which they have been playing live since early 2011 and which they presented at the Edinburgh Fringe Festival in August 2012.
- Stream free or purchase at: http://themechanisms.bandcamp.com/album/once-upon-a-time-in-space
Ulysses Dies at Dawn - 2013Edit
- Ulysses Dies at Dawn. That's the word on the street, at any rate, if you talk to anyone who saw what went down at Calypso's Bar the other night. Who is behind the thuggish band known as the Suits - Heracles, Ariadne and the others? What is Ulysses's secret? And what is hidden within the security of the Vault?
- This is the second studio album by The Mechanisms, written 2012-2013 and presented at the Edinburgh Fringe Festival in August 2013.
- Stream free or purchase at: http://themechanisms.bandcamp.com/album/ulysses-dies-at-dawn
High Noon Over Camelot (Studio Debut) - 2014 Edit
- A tale of hope and despair aboard the Fort Galfridian, long lost to the outside world, where the chaos of centuries of solitude has been brought in check at last by the guns of the Pendragon Gang. But the visions of the mad prophet Galahad, and the schemes of the Pendragons' lieutenants Mordred and Gawain, threaten to cast the station back into anarchy. And all the while, the Sun grows hotter...
- This is the third studio album by The Mechanisms, written 2013-2014 and presented at the Edinburgh Fringe Festival in August 2014.
Stream free or purchase at: https://themechanisms.bandcamp.com/album/high-noon-over-camelot
The Bifrost Incident - 2017 Edit
The Bifrost Incident. Any schoolchild could tell you about it. The fall of the old order; two hundred years of Asgardian hubris come together in a single epoch-defining event. The maiden voyage of a train through the stars, vanished without a trace...
This is the fourth studio album by The Mechanisms, written 2015-2016.
Stream free or purchase at: https://themechanisms.bandcamp.com/album/the-bifrost-incident
High Noon Over Camelot (Live Debut) - 2014Edit
- The Pendragon Gang fight to maintain order in Fort Galfridia against the prophecies of Galahad, the violence of Gawain and the revelations of Mordred -- and all the while, the Sun grows hotter...
- High Noon Over Camelot is the third of The Mechanisms' full-length stories. This is a live recording of the debut from the Art Bar, Oxford, 15th February 2014.
Digital Discography Edit
Tales To Be Told - 2013 Edit
A collection of those smaller tales that the Mechanisms have been known to tell. Some of these are rarities you'll never hear unless you buy the Mechs a round. Some are works in progress that will sometime find their way elsewhere. Some are secrets... Enjoy.
Stream free or purchase at: https://themechanisms.bandcamp.com/album/tales-to-be-told
Frankenstein - 2015 Edit
A stand-alone track that tells the tale of Dr. Victoria Frankenstein and her creation
Stream free or purchase at: https://themechanisms.bandcamp.com/album/frankenstein
Tales To Be Told, Volume II - 2018 Edit
Similar to the first volume, the mechansims tell the tales of those from the worlds of Ulysses Dies at Dawn and Once Upon a Time (In Space), as well as some of the backstories of the crew members and other assorted stories.
Stream free or purchase at: https://themechanisms.bandcamp.com/album/tales-to-be-told-volume-ii
Community content is available under CC-BY-SA unless otherwise noted.